
Ok, you will have to bear with me on this post! God totally blessed my socks off this morning at MOPS! For those of you who know me well, know that I love to worship the Lord through song and one of my favorite worship leaders is Shannon Wexelberg. She is an amazing, Godly woman with an incredible heart for the Lord! I first heard and met Shannon a few years ago in McKinney. She came to McFBC for a summer series concert and blessed my life then. She and her husband also learned to wait on God's timing of when to enter parenthood. She wrote an amazing song called "You are in the Waiting" that totally describes how so many people feel when experiencing infertility. I felt so moved after hearing her at McFBC that I went up to introduce myself and talk to her. Well, she lives in Colorado. And I remember telling Brian when we moved here "Oh, do you think I'll ever see Shannon or go to her church by chance?" Well, God is so good. Shannon often leads worship at a local church here in Colorado Springs!! So in December Brian and I visited this church just to see her! I talked to her again and expressed my appreciation and shared our blessed Pearson with her! It was a special time indeeed! Well, as I walked into MOPS this morning, there she was!!!! I was so excited to know that she would be leading worship at MOPS today! So again I went to talk to her and say hi and welcome. Well, she came to sit at my table with my group!!! I was so honored! Everyone in my group I am sure thought I was crazy!! So like any big fan I had my picture taken with her.
She did an awesome job again sharing from her heart and teaching on Philippians 4:6 that says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God." She shared how God has taught her about thankfulness and how we need to thank God in the midst of our un-thankfulness. And to voice our thanks out loud. She also said to look for things to be thankful for and voice those things too. She also reminded us as moms of our significance to God and how we and everything we do in the course of our day is significant to God! It was so great to hear her and see her! If you are ever interested in hearing her voice and learning more about this special lady go to http://www.shannonwexelberg.com/ She has blessed my life and I hope she does yours too! Thanks for listening to my neat, God story today!
Another blessing is that Pearson was such a good boy he stayed in MOPPETS the whole time!! Yea! That way I was able to be blessed more!
2 comments:
That IS awesome. I remember when she came to McFBC, I loved her too. I know WHO was looking out for you from above!!! She even sent down a special "angel Shannon" to bless you today. Just wondering if you ever rec'd the carepkg I mailed last week? Love ya. Heather
Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this posting. It was great fun reliving this exciting moment with you. It made my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart much more than a chore! I am just thrilled you got to see Shannon and that we got to giggle about the whole experience. Too fun! Love you lots.
Monica
Post a Comment