Hi friends and Aimee,
I don't know of another way to answer your question except to just blog about it or write and mail you a letter via snail mail and that would just take too long.
You are very right in your comment about it being a "God thing" that we are in Colorado now. So here is the whole "God" story (recap for other readers) :
In October 2004 Mark and Susan Dunn(former McFBC associate pastor) announced to McFBC that they felt lead to move to Colorado Springs, CO to start at church. They announced that they needed people, prayer, and payola(financial supporters) They indicated that if anyone felt lead to join them to pray about that. That afternoon Brian and I were driving and he said. "Are we the people?" I said that is funny you mentioned that because I thought the same thing. So we decided we needed to at least pray about it. So we did. In the midst of all of this we were trying to start a family for many years and God wanted us to wait. We continued to pray about it and in Oct. 2005 we came to Colorado Springs to check it out. We really liked the area, the climate and the church and continued to pray for God's will for our lives. We never felt God telling us "no" or closing any doors, in fact doors flew open. Our house in McKinney sold in about 4 weeks, we found jobs here quickly and a rent house quickly. So in June 2006 we packed up everything we owned and headed for CO. It was very hard leaving Texas as that is where all of our families are. Let me also add there was a time when moving and leaving TX was not an option for me and God changed our hearts and said "I want you to go to help start this church." So we stepped out in faith and obeyed. It was a hard move and required a big faith tester, but God is so faithful. He always meets us where we are and surpasses our expectations, as then in Dec. 2006 God showed us we were going to be parents. We were able to concieve Pearson naturally after 8 years of infertility treatments and losses. So needless to say we were surprised, grateful and amazed. Hence why we call him our "miracle" baby! We have been very blessed with a son, great friends, God's provision, and so much more! So yes, you could say it is a God story, God is all over it! He is in charge and we give HIM all the glory for our lives and the arrival of Pearson!! We have learned God's timing is always best.
Thanks for listening. :))
3 comments:
I really love hearing that story. I think of it often when I want things to happen 'now' or don't know what path to take. Thanks Trina!
Thanks Trina! I'd figured out little snips but its fun to see it all together and from you! Along with many other friends of yours had been praying for God's timing on bringing you and Brian a baby and I have to say its so precious to see God had it all planned perfectly!!! It seems like you get to visit with your family quite a bit considering the miles! Is the church lots like McFBC!??! I'm real impressed with you both for your leap of faith and trust in God! What a witness that will be for Pearson his entire life!!! Thanks for your post...love every bit of the detail!!!
Hugs, Aimee
I love you all so very much and even though it was sad, I am very proud of you following the Lord's leading for your life. So sad that many don't.
Love and Hugs,
Mom
Post a Comment