Cherishing every moment together on this amazing journey as a family!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Bedtime stories!
This week we have been reading to Pearson before putting him down to bed. A skill and practice that I want to start early. He is such a joy! Good night all!
Well look at Gammy's little "hunk of honey" reading already!!!!!! Sure looks like you are all having a great time. Reminds me of when my boys were little and I so enjoyed reading to them and later enrolling them in their very own book club. They loved getting a book in the mail, addressed to them. And now remember Pearson as you get older that your Daddy has all of his books from his childhood book club. And as you get older you can read Daddy's books too!!!!! Won't that be fun??? Your Uncle Scott and Uncle Keith both have their books from their book clubs also. Gammy is sending you lots of love, hugs, and kisses your way. Gammy
Hi guys, Mike and I began doing this at bedtime at about the same age and I truly believe it is why the girls love to read as much as they do. Now, at four, the girls read to us! They have the words memorized on the pages and recite the words on the page with inflection and feeling. It's just amazing. You are making such an impression on Pearson. Love you. Monica
4 comments:
Well look at Gammy's little "hunk of honey" reading already!!!!!! Sure looks like you are all having a great time.
Reminds me of when my boys were little and I so enjoyed reading to them and later enrolling them in their very own book club. They loved getting a book in the mail, addressed to them. And now remember Pearson as you get older that your Daddy has all of his books from his childhood book club. And as you get older you can read Daddy's books too!!!!! Won't that be fun???
Your Uncle Scott and Uncle Keith both have their books from their book clubs also.
Gammy is sending you lots of love, hugs, and kisses your way.
Gammy
I remember when Daddy used to read Hop on Pop By Dr.Suess,& now we know that book by heart !!!
Love,
Laura and Lindsey
Hi guys,
Mike and I began doing this at bedtime at about the same age and I truly believe it is why the girls love to read as much as they do. Now, at four, the girls read to us! They have the words memorized on the pages and recite the words on the page with inflection and feeling. It's just amazing. You are making such an impression on Pearson.
Love you.
Monica
We do that with Emery, she loves books! I can't believe how big he is getting. What a cutie pie!
Post a Comment