While corresponding with a dear friend this week of all that God is teaching me these days she said I should write a book called "lessons and blessons" so I thought I would at least post a blog about it.
God is teaching me so much! It has been a challenge and learning adventure to now live on one income, although we know that is what God has called us to and what He wants for us. It is amazing how God is teaching me to live within our means and use the resources we have! It is awesome. I made some money from consulting in Oct. and I convinced Brian that we should use that money for all of Christmas(anything related to Christmas) and he reluctanlty agreed. I have had so much fun seeing how God can stretch this money.I put all the cash in an envelope and have kept track of where all the $ has gone. First we tithed off of it and then we both got haircuts on it and then I have used it for an ornament exchange with MOPS and then three presents for my neices and nephews and one cousin baby and then 2 $10 gift exchanges with my family. We have also been able to rent a movie off of the money once and get Sonic hamburgers one day on it. Any left over we hope to go on a date on. It has been so fun. I decided my gift to all other friends and family will be our Christmas card and picture that I am getting ready to send. :)) Oh, another blessing is that Brian found $6 in the parking lot at Walmart the other night and $5 in our front yard last week! Another blessing is we cashed in some world points on our credit card and got a gc to Chili's. Brian wanted to use it the other day during a snow day and I was perfectly content with eating lunch here at home(which you know is a God thing, because I used to not like to eat sandwiches and eat lunch at home)!!! I now love my grilled turkey and cheese sandwich, apple sauce and pretzels for lunch. I know I am a dork, but God is showering me with lessons and blessings. Wow!! I am so grateful to be at home with Pearson and so grateful that God loves me so much to open my eyes to these new lessons! All praise and honor to HIM!!
3 comments:
I love the turkey sandwich and grilled cheese lunches too! Thanks for being such a great friend and encourager this weekend! Love ya!
Well my precious "daughter", how much better off this world would be if everyone could learn to live like this. I learned years ago that we can actually learn to live on what we make, large or small. And now its paying off in blessings, as now with my health issues I do not have to concern myself with finances. Everything is paid off and I owe no one except just everyday living expenses. That is a PRAISE!!!!!!!!!!
Give my little "hunk of honey" a big kiss and hug from Gammy and tell him to give you both one from me!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Gammy
You see things the way I do. Every little idiosyncracy IS in God's plan. I've had many pbj lunches since Luke's been born, but if that means getting to stay home with him and NOT having to go back to work and put him in daycare, then I will gladly oblige. I see God's lessons and "blesson's". HE stretches me and molds me. I am a tool in HIS hand. I love to see the God things. Check this out. I went "thriftin" yest. and bought 2 huge trash bags full of clothes for Luke, daddy, Emery and myself at the Friends of the Samaratan Inn thrift store in McKinney. Total $27. They were having 75% off the entire store. Then while getting in the car, I looked down and found $30 laying on the ground. Moral--God ALWAYS provides. Love you girl. Starting to think P looks like you, T.
Post a Comment