Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Great day and lessons learned in 3 weeks....



Today Pearson and I had a great day! We had our first outing together(just the two of us). It was my first time to drive with him by myself. He did great. He slept the whole time we were gone from the house. :) We then surprised Brian with a special Sonic lunch at work! Then we both took naps, had special friends visit us, and went for a walk! He was such a good boy all day!

Here are a few lessons I have learned in the three weeks since he has been born:
1. Give yourself plenty of time when you have to leave the house as the baby will spit up all over his new outfit just as you are getting ready to walk out the door. Enjoy the pics of outfit #2 today.
2. Be prepared for spit up anytime. I learned not to wear my shirt while nursing and burping as he spit up on my black shirt right before mine and Brian's date on Sat.
3. Sleep when he sleeps. The nap was great today! I feel ready to face the night now. :)

I am sure there are many, many more lessons to come!

I have been overwhelmed with such a sense of gratitude for this precious gift today! Thank you, Lord for our precious son! What an amazing gift!

5 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

What is it about their "spit-radar" than can detect mommie's new clean shirt and that they have a new clean onesie on. We starting just putting on an "ugly" outfit first and then the good one because it was inevitable that he would spit up immediately....after putting on the first outfit.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Oh, and the sleep while they sleep thing...Genius, I still do it today and he's 3.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

P.S. You mean I've already been 35 for 3 weeks. Only 53 weeks until I'm 36. Only a week until JASON is 36.

Jen Hawkins said...

Awesome Trina, sounds like you have all of the really important stuff down! It's the best feeling in the world once you finally start feeling like you're getting a handle on this whole "Mommy" adventure!

Love you,
Jen

Carol Ann-Gammy said...

OK my Gammy's little angel boy! Already miss holding, kissing, and whispering to you. YOu keep Mommy on her toes!!!!! I have faith you can do it.
Love you all.
Mom