So here is another shout out for another new blog I am enjoying following. The Thank You Note Project is an awesome blog about a humble gal named Allison who is writing one handwritten thank you note per day in an effort to share gratitude.
She writes on her blog "The Thank You Note Project is my experiment in living this year more meaningfully, more impactfully, and more appreciatively. I have set a goal for myself to send one thank you note every day to a person who has touched me in some way. I truly believe in the power of hand written correspondence and hope to demonstrate its importance to others in though this challenge. I was raised writing thank you notes and I want to pass on this tradition of thoughtfulness to my children, teaching though my example. I’m going to document my journey on this blog, and I have no doubt it will challenge and change me in many ways."
I have been inspired to write more thank you notes myself. I now carry blank notes with me in my purse and try to write impromptu notes whenever and wherever I feel inspired. I love reading about who and how she writes her notes to. So far I have written notes to our children's minister, my children's Sunday school teachers, MOPS child care workers, recreation center child care workers, and a note for a free breakfast at Chick Fil A.
I want to instill in Pearson and Aaron an attitude of gratitude and I hope writing more thank you notes will be one way that I can model that lesson for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment