Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thoughts at 2am...

What else should one do at 2am when sleep is overrated? Blog, facebook, think, pray, type.... So here goes. This may be random but oh well, it's my blog right?

As I sit here in this very quiet house and nursery at 2am with the rest of my precious family sleeping, I think, wow life will be much different come Monday. God has so blessed me with the gift of motherhood. At times I am still so overwhelmed with joy and shock that I am a Mommy. I so remember all the years of the painful infertility journey and still wonder why that was the journey, although I know God had a plan and part of that plan was to draw me to Him. Part of the plan had to be to teach me about His sovereignty, grace, and patience. I so want to glorify Him in all that I do and especially in my mothering. May I seek Him and Him alone!

We are still on schedule to go to hospital on Monday at 10:30am and surgery at 12:30pm. Pearson will be in the tender care of his amazing grandparents, aka Nana and Papa. They will join us at the hospital when the baby brother arrives. We have had a good weekend getting last minute things prepared and letting Nana and Papa love on us!

Thank you for joining us on this journey called life, we excitedly await to share with you the next miracle!
Much love from my house to yours,
Trina

3 comments:

fourlittlehawks said...

Hey Sweet One,
We've been thinking about you guys all weekend, praying for baby's safe arrival and for everything to go smoothly for Mommy, Daddy, and Pearson too! Yes, life is about to change in a big way for you guys and I know you must be a dizzy combination of very nervous and very excited! I remember vividly being in your shoes nearly 8 years ago . . . I was so scared and nervous about being a Mommy of two! I also remember how quickly I began to wonder how I'd ever lived without my sweet Emma before she came. I'm blessed to be on this journey with you and I look forward to watching your family grow! One more day until you are a big brother Pearson! You Willeford boys are going to have a joyful life to share with one another!
Love,
Jen

Amanda said...

I was feeling your "pain" at 2am this morning...although mine was actually acid reflux pain, but I'm enjoying the sleepless nights as well! Haha. Thank you so much for the sweet gift and mini chat. I look forward to talking with you again in a few days. Our most heartfelt prayers are with you guys as I can't believe myself how fast this day has come...now my countdown really begins! I'm so happy, excited and joyful for you guys and can't wait to meet this new baby boy!
Love,
Amanda

jenny said...

Oh Sweet Friend - His light shines SO brightly through you...even across several states and 1 time zone! :)You have been on our hearts and in our prayers for so many weeks, and it seems in every quiet moment that I have had this weekend! I know that God has prepared you for this moment and always knew that it would come... and even that you would be awake and blogging at 2 am! Take good care and know that you will be covered in prayers tomorrow!