Friday, March 07, 2008

RSV


Hi friends and family,

The look on Pearson's face in this picture sums up the week. I took him to the dr on Thursday and he has respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). They did a flu and RSV test with a swab and the flu test was negative, but RSV was positive. We have been giving him tylenol and motrin for the fever and benadryl to help clear the drainage. We have also been giving him diluted pedialyte to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. And lots of TLC from Mommy and Daddy! It has been hard to watch our usually happy, smiley boy be sick! We will all be happy to be a healthy family again! Aimee, I don't know how you did it for a month! Whew!!

To all our Texas friends and fam: We are glad you got to see some of the white powdery stuff this week!! Have fun playing in the snow! It won't last long in TX!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Pearson- I will be praying for you to feel better REAL soon! RSV is nasty stuff. Beau and I had the Flu a week ago. Being sick is NO FUN!!! Get Better Real Soon, Pearson.

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm totally behind! I had no idea! I'm sorry sweet Pearson (and mommy & daddy)!!! Did you know Bennett had RSV and was hospitalized!?!? That was last year! Oh my goodness! I'm so sad he's been sick and hope he is sleeping soundly soon! (You'll have to do a search for RSV on my blog to read about that! Lonnie was out of town, oh my what a memory)! As for sleeping through the night...let me know when that happens again, kay! Maybe once a week there isn't someone who had a bad dream, heard a noise, needs help going pee-pee, needs nose medicine, or something! I just figure I'll sleep when they go to college!!!