Happy New Year! I cannot believe it is 2011 already?!? Where has the time gone?! I listened to an an awesome speaker at MOPS this morning and have so many thoughts rattling in my brain, that I thought I would just blog about it all. The speaker's name was Lane Jordan and I will now be following her blog at http://www.pathwaystoorganization.com/. She was an amazing speaker for mommies! She said so much of what I needed to hear today! It has a rough week at my house with a sick son and husband. I am so ready to have a healthy house and going to MOPS today was just what this mommy needed.
So if interested, here are a few of her points that really spoke to my heart:
-Being a mommy is the toughest job out there, but that being said God has called me to be the mommy to Aaron and Pearson and to be the best mommy I can be.
-There is so much on our plates these days and we need to be as organized as possible. She talked a lot about organization(which I love). She has even written a book called “12 Steps to Becoming a More Organized Mom“.
-She encouraged us to use a calendar for the whole families' activities and to make a list of all the things I want to do and then plug in the activities. She talked about meal planning too. :)
-She encouraged us to read to our children, eat dinner together every night at the table and, have a special place where I pray and spend time with God in my home. So much of what she said I already do, but it was confirming to hear it all again.
All in all God knew I needed to hear everything she had to say today. Thank you God for this Godly woman who spoke today.
1 comment:
PERFECT! I'm so glad you were able to go and what an awesome day!
This is a great post! Thank you for sharing.
I'm off to check out her blog :)
Post a Comment