Hi friends and family!!! Happy Thanksgiving! Not too much is happening here! I am blogging so my friend Heather does not kick me out of the blogger world. :) We are glad to have a few days off from work to rest and play. We went geocaching again today. Found one and didn't find the other. Oh well. I did remember this neat story as I read our church's weekly update email today and thought I would share.
Here’s a cool God story… On Saturday, November 11th, we had our second episode of the Amazing Race Geocaching (a spin off we have done from the show Amazing Race and the hobby of Geocaching… basically racing to find all the “treasures” first). One of the things that we had to do in order to finish the race was help people at one of the local grocery stores load their groceries into their cars and then give them a box of Revelation mints or an invitation to the church. I thought this would be hard, but I really enjoyed it. Well, this past weekend one of the ladies that my team helped actually came to church!! She sounds interested in the church and said that once they get settled in (which may not be until early January) they would like to start attending regularly. So we’ll see how that goes… her husband is a chaplain for the army and will be stationed at Fort Carson.
We will be spending tomorrow with the Dunn family and I am taking mashed potatoes. I have never made mashed potatoes from scratch so hopefully they will turn out ok! Wish me luck! I will post pictures soon. To our precious family: We miss and love you tons!
T and B
2 comments:
Happy Turkey Day friends. Secret tip to awesome homemade mashed potatoes. Throw in a bit of ranch dressing. It'll be awesome. Say hi to the Dunn's for us and know that we are thinking of you as you are away from family this Turkey Day...we are too with mom and sis in KY....love ya'll so much precious friends...
Okay, I can't believe that you have never made mashed potatoes from scratch! This is the only way I have ever fixed them! I glad they turned out good.
Post a Comment